Water, It’s that Simple
Posted: Jul 26 2014
Were you thirsty at all today? Did you know, by the time you experience the awareness of your thirst, you’re already dehydrated. Our bodies are made up of 50-65% of water depending on body fat. That makes it hard to hydrate all the time. The myth we hear is 8 fl. oz. glasses of water per day, but this is not true anymore. The truth is we are more active, and prone to burn a greater amount of water throughout the day. According to the Institute of Medicine women are suppose to drink a total of 91 fl. oz. (2.7 liters) per day, and men 125 fl. oz. (3.7 liters) per day. If you are an athlete more water is suggested. Here are 7 reasons why everyone should pick up a bottle of water right now and not stop drinking until bed time.
- Increase Energy & Relieve Fatigue: Our brains are made up mostly of water. Drinking more water keeps our levels balanced, which helps us think, concentrate, and focus better. With all organs properly hydrated they can do their jobs adequately to keep us feeling vibrant throughout the day.
- Promote Weight Loss: It is suggested to drink one glass of water before every meal, that way your body isn’t over filling itself. It removes by-products of fat. It increases your metabolism. AND it’s zero calories!
- Flush Out Toxins: By drinking more water your body will naturally sweat and urinate more. This will clean out your body also boosting your immune system.
- Improve Skin Complexion: It’s a free anti-aging treatment. It will keep your skin glowing, moisturized, soft, and acne free. It even helps slow down the process of wrinkles.
- Natural Pain Remedy: Most headaches, back pain, and cramps are caused by dehydration.
- Prevent Cancers: Drinking more water has been proved to decrease the risk of cancers, such as colon or bladder cancer by 45%.
- Increase speed & Reduce Injuries: Water lubricates your joints and helps with joint pain. Our muscles need water to grow and heal. Also our bones are made up of 50% water, so we need water to make healthy new bone cells.
- Boosts your mood: The more you consume the better your entire body will be running!
So go grab a refillable water bottle, or a regular one (be sure to recycle). And just keep drinking. I promise a week from now you will feel like a new person!
By: Holly Kravetz