10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Alii Lifestyle
Posted: Aug 11 2014
- Our CEO and Founder, Andi Neugarten, is originally from South Africa. She eventually quit the banking world to follow her dream of creating a clothing line that is specifically targeted towards athletic women. “I’m not at work, I’m creating” – Andi. She has also participated in over 100 marathons/ triathlons across the world!
- Alii Lifestyle isn’t only the name of our brand, it’s a way of life. Ali'i (“Alii”), a chiefly or noble rank in ancient Hawaiian society. Alii Drive in Kona, Hawaii, the finish line of the most iconic World Championship triathlon event. An Alii lifestyle to us is about endurance. We understand women have so much to balance out these days the last thing they want to worry about is comfortable attractive clothing- That’s where we come in!
- All of our fabrics are Italian performance fabrics. They are tested by our CEO and our athletes. Nothing goes into the line until our design and production team agree that perfection has been created. We assure the most reliable, flattering, and comfortable clothing.
- Our brand ambassadors include the most iconic female triathletes. Paula Newby Fraser won Ironman Eight times and we all remember Julie Moss, as she crawled across the 1982 Ironman finish line,putting Ironman on the map...... and the competitor who beat her Kathleen McCartney.
- Alii Lifestyle is based out of San Diego, California, but we sell our clothes in 40 stores across America. We plan on reaching every state as our brand continues to grow.
- Our designer, worked for Victoria Secret for four years before working for us and now works for ESPN too! She adds the sexy aspect to our workout gear!
- Active Angelz (Alii Lifestyle) was first launched in 2012 at Interbike the biggest expo for cycling and triathletes.
- All of our clothing is designed by women, for women and is made in women owned factories in the USA.
- We support the Challenged Athletes Foundation. Our CEO loves giving back to the community, we currently sponsor one Challenge Athlete, Tara Butcher.
- Alii Lifestyle was called Active Angelz for our first few years while we just produced triathlon and cycling clothing, but when lifestyle was added to the mix, we believed that a name change was necessary to facilitate our growth plans.
By: Holly Kravetz