Granny Francies Famous Gluten Free Granola - Breakfast of champions
Ever since I was a little girl, I have LOVED my mom's delicious granola. I used to eat this all day long as a teenager in high school. Somehow, I forgot about this delicious recipe and I have not made it in years. My mom came to visit a few weeks ago and she made her special recipe for us. It did not last a day and my kids and friends were begging for some as well. I had forgotten how deliciously good, wholesome and healthy it is…so, now, I make a huge batch every week. And since I have been making my own yogurt as well….I am in breakfast heaven!! (Delicious, natural greek yogurt recipe to follow)
Here’s the recipe….
- 4 cups gluten free oats
- BAKE IN OVEN ON A LARGE BAKING SHEET< TURNING OFTEN, ON 380, UNTIL JUST STARTING TO TURN BROWN.
- Drizzle 1/2 CUP OF HONEY,, 1 TSP VANILLA,
- Add 1/2 CUP SUNFLOWER SEEDS
- 1/2 CUP SESAME SEEDS
- 1 CUP UNSWEETENED COCONUT
- 1/2 CUP FLAX SEED or GROUND FLAX
- 1 CUP SLIVERED or FLAKED ALMONDS
- 1/2 -1 CUP PECANS
While still warm, add sliced up dried fruit of your choice…apple, pear, dried blueberries, cherries, mango…its all good..
Store in an airtight container and ENJOY!!!!